Being on your feet for long periods of time can be difficult to avoid during the holiday season. So many of us plan to make trips to the mall or department store to finish our holiday shopping. Often times, these trips include long lines and difficulty getting through crowds of people. It can stressful, painful and a big headache. We get it.
This year, you can eliminate the pain in your feet, hips, legs, knees and even back. Below, we provide a few tips to make sure your experience is as comfortable as possible.
1. Comfort, Support & Balance – We can’t stress how important it is to wear arch supports, especially if you’ll be on your feet for long periods of time. This doesn’t mean that you’re subject to footwear that you don’t like. Many people believe that arch supports or orthotics can only be worn in shoes that are large and clunky. Don’t believe the stereotype. You can fit your Good Feet arch supports in dress shoes, tennis shoes, boots, sandals, and even high heels.
2. Tread Carefully – This tip is to avoid any possible injury. Check your footwear for decent tread. Areas like parking lots, store entrances, and frozen food aisles may have hidden puddles. This can increase your chances of slipping and potentially hurting yourself. If you’re not wearing the right shoes, you can injure yourself before you get home. Our advise, take the a minute to check your shoe tread, dry off the bottom of your shoes, and watch for any hidden puddles as you start your excursion.
3. Get A Foot Massage – Every customer who comes into Good Feet in Portland and Salem receives a foot massage. Don’t worry, it’s a complimentary massage and you’ll most likely need it. Studies have shown that foot massages can:
- Provide pain relief
- Contribute to an overall sense of calmness and relaxation
- Promote healthy circulation
- Improve a person’s psychological and mental health
Don’t suffer through the holidays with foot pain, leg pain, hip pain, knee pain or back pain. Stop in to Good Feet and start living pain free.